02 July 2007

One-touch power windows

Before I bought my Peugeot 107, I drove a Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI Griffe for 5 years. In my 205 Griffe I installed a one-touch power window module. This means that when you touch the power window switch only once the window will open or close completely automatic. By touching the switch again the window will stop. When you are used to this option, you will miss it on a car. So that's why I will isntall one of those one-touch modules again in my Peugeot 107.

More info on this will follow very soon!!

Here you see a wiring diagram of this modification.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to disassemble the whole door panel to install this, right?
I would love this function too, but I'm afraid of breaking anything disassembling the panels, or that they wouldn't have a perfect fit after reassembling.

REFZ said...

Yes you do have to disassemble the panel because you need to get to the wires of the power window and you need to mount the one-touch module.

But disassembling is not that hard and there is almost no change that you damage anything.

The panel is mounted with plastic "clicks" and those can be used again and again. And in the case that one or two clicks are unusable you can order them as a spare part.

The panel itself can't be damaged at all in my opinion.

It's a nice modification, so why not? ;-)